Police in Central Luzon on Thursday said they already have in custody two of the five suspects in the robbery and killing of three South Korean nationals in Zambales province last Sunday. Senior Supt. Guillermo Eleazar of the regional police's Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) however refused to disclose the identities of the two men so as not to compromise the ongoing operations against the three remaining suspects.
The police officer said the two arrested men were notorious in the province who have multiple criminal cases pending against them in local courts . The two yielded a pistol to the authorities. The five suspected robbers reportedly slipped into the residence of the victims through an air conditioning unit's opening. Investigations showed that the men stabbed the victims to death before divesting valuables from their house in Kabalan village in Olongapo City.
The body of 54-year-old victim, Chang Suk-hi, was discovered sprawled on the floor of their residence. Her daughter and 10-year-old granddaughter were found lifeless and naked on the bed in the same room, raising speculations that the two had been raped. Eleazar said they are readying multiple homicide charges against the suspects. - Mark Merueñas, GMANews.TV